This institute provides tools to both broaden student approaches to problem-solving and help them seek out new perspectives when faced with difficult choices - both in and out of the classroom.
As a participant, you will:
- Learn the theory and tools of Integrative Thinking that:
- Help make our thinking explicit
- Enable creativity through design principles
- Facilitate better collaboration
- Explore how you might use integrative thinking in your own classroom and school
- Collaborate with other educators from across grade levels, subject areas and schools
- Have an opportunity to create more innovative solutions to your own personal and professional challenges
- Be inspired by educators who have brought Integrative Thinking to their classrooms
Participants will be both learners and content developers, and will leave the institute with practical ideas for in-class application of Integrative Thinking material.
Anne Doelman on why she signed up for an I-Think workshop, and what's changed for her:
These program highlights give you a sense of the different modules and experiences you’ll have over the three days.
Introduction to Integrative Thinking
Hands-on experience in Integrative Thinking
Case Study: Bella’s Ice Cream Company
Boot Camp for Thinking
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Making Our Thinking Explicit
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Exploring Complexity
Exploring Creativity and Application
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Creativity
- Assessing Thinking in your Classroom
- Designing for your Classroom