Welcome to the I-Think Summer Institute
We are delighted to be learning together during the 2016 I-Think Summer Institute. Over our three days together we will explore the tools of Integrative Thinking through activities that educators have been using in their practice. It means a lot of chart paper, markers, post-it notes and thinking!
We are lucky to be joined by two teachers, Erin Quinn and Rola Tibshirani, who will be co-facilitating with us. They will also be sharing their tips, tricks, missteps and successes.
If you are interested in learning about Integrative Thinking before our session, below are readings and videos to give you a sneak peek.
Things to Read...
Things to watch...
Each day we'll dive into a different theme and explore teaching thinking. Our three days look like:
Monday, August 29, 2016
- Introduction to Integrative Thinking
- Hands-on experience in Integrative Thinking
- Case Study: Bella’s Ice Cream Company
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
- Boot Camp for Thinking
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Making Our Thinking Explicit
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Exploring Complexity
Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Exploring Integrative Thinking Tools: Creativity
- Assessing Thinking in your Classroom
- Designing for your Classroom
In an effort to be more environmentally conscientious, our hope is that we'll use this site as a resource throughout the program. Bring your own device if you are comfortable with note taking digitally.
We look forward to seeing on August 29th! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.